I plastic detergent bottle
10" percale yardage -36" wide
2 pieces felt -9"x 12" ea. -feet, hands, hat
3' x 72" net -ruffle
15" piece 18 ga. wire -arms
1 plastic clown puppet head
Crayons, pencil, eraser, pad
White glue, needle and thread
DIRECTIONS : I. Fill bottle witFt plaster or gravel to give clown weight. Place puppet head over neck of bottle and glue to secure.
2. Cut feet out of cardboard ana felt and glue together. Glue these to bottom of bottle.
3. Punch a hole in both sides of the bottle at the shoulders and push the heavy wire through the holes. Let the two ends extend for arms. Secure with glue or masking tape.
4. Cut 2 pieces of percale making the front and back to the robe. See pattern. Sew shoulder seams. Now sew in the sleeves. Sew side seams and sleeve seams.
5. Sew a 3-1/2"x 24" strip of felt around the bottom of the robe. Sew only at the bottom. Make pockets in this felt strip to fit pencil, eraser, and pad. Sew a seam from top to bottom. After these pockets have been made, make slor.s 3/4" wide all around the rest of the way for the crayons.
6. Put the robe on the clown. Gather at the neck and arms to fit. The robe and sleeves will fit loosely.
7. Cut hands out of felt and sew edges together. Pad with a bit of cotton or paper and slip over ends of wire arms.
8. Take a strip of 3" wide and 36" long net and gather down the middle for a collar. Place collar around the neck.Make two.ruffles out of 1-1/2"x 12" net for arms.
9. Gut hat out of felt. Lap straight edge of hat over dotted line to make a pointed hat. Sew or glue and secure to clown's head.